The Cayman Islands Customs and Border Control Service (CBC) continue efforts to safeguard the Cayman Islands by vigilantly screening persons who enter the Cayman Islands with the recent global health concern of the novel coronavirus, also known as COVID-19.
All in-bound travellers are required to:
- Undergo COVID-19 testing upon arrival (day 0) in Cayman and again on day 15; and
- Remain in isolation for a minimum of 14 days, after which a day 15 negative test result and sign off by the Medical Officer of Health is required for the quarantine period to cease. Allow 24-72 hours for off-boarding process, this includes a negative test result and return of monitoring equipment.
Latest Official Statements on COVID-19 Measures in the Cayman Islands:
- Click here for latest figures on COVID-19
- Caymanians, Permanent Residents, and Work Permit Holders should register with the Travel Cayman team in order to travel. (to read click here)
- To review policies and know more about the Cayman Islands Government’s response to COVID-19 (to read click here)
- Do you want to get screened for COVID-19? Make an appointment with the Health Services Authority HSA) using their online calendar. (to read click here)
To know what steps the Government is taking to combat COVID-19 visit www.exploregov.ky/coronavirus
COVID-19 Crisis in the Cayman Islands – What You Need to Know
The public is reminded that to reduce the risk of coronavirus they should practice:
|• wash hands with soap and water for no less than 20 seconds|
|• if you do not have access to soap and water use alcohol-based hand sanitizer (should have 60% alcohol or more to be effective)|
|• cover nose and mouth with elbow when coughing or sneezing, or cough or sneeze in a tissue and dispose of safely and immediately, and|
|• avoiding close contact with people suffering from acute respiratory symptoms.|
Public Health Coronavirus Brochure
For more information contact the Public Health Department on 244-2621, or visit the links below, or follow CBC on Facebook.
Updated: 2 December 2020