Use this form (BC20):
If you wish to register a recreational sport fishing vessel for a period of three years.
A recreational sports fishing vessel is a sports fishing boat based in the Cayman Islands and registered in accordance with prescribed procedure.
In submitting this form you should enclose the following (where applicable):
· Photographic identification of the owner of the vessel
· An annual clearance processing fee. Please ensure fees are paid on an annual basis. (Effective when Law is amended to allow)
· Material proof of ownership of the recreational sport fishing vessel and all vessel information to the satisfaction of the Cayman Islands Customs and Border Control Service (CBC).
Please note: the Customs and Border Control (CBC) may need to conduct a physical examination of the vessel if it believes such an examination is necessary. Vessel may be subject to inspection on application and randomly thereafter.
Send the completed application to:
What happens next?
Data that needs to be completed for this application form includes the following:
1. Unique vessel identification number
2. Full name of vessel owner
3. Date of Birth of vessel owner
4. Owner’s physical address
5. Owner’s cell number
6. Alternate contact number
7. Location of departure
8. Intended date and time of departure
9. Intended area of fishing
10. Number of persons on board
11. Full name of each person on board
12. Nationality of each person on board
13. Date of Birth of each person on board
14. Passport number of each person on board
15. Intended date and time of return to Cayman
16. Location of landing (first docking upon arrival back to Cayman)
17. Final destination of vessel: final place of berthing/mooring, storage in Cayman (i.e. marina or private residence or other private property)
Under the Law an applicant is required to provide a complete application which has been defined as above. Failure to comply with the above could result in a refusal by the Director of CBC.