May I get a part-time job to supplement my income whilst I am studying in the Cayman Islands on a Student Visa?

The holder of a student visa may not engage in gainful occupation in the Islands other than unpaid student work undertaken in connection with his/her course of study.

May I be accompanied by my spouse and/or children whilst I am studying in the Cayman Islands on a Student Visa?

Yes, both your spouse and your children can accompany you to the Islands during your course of study. However, you will have to prove that you can finically support them.

Am I required to obtain health insurance to cover the period of my study in the Islands?

Health insurance is not required by Law, however we suggest that you ensure that you have adequate health insurance.

Do I have to apply for the student visa or will my school do it on my behalf?

You can apply directly to the Immigration Department once you have been accepted in a local educational institution.

May I travel to the Cayman Islands before the student visa application has been approved?

You should remain outside the islands until your student visa is approved.

If I discontinue my study for whatever reason, may I then apply for a work permit?

You may apply for a work permit after discontinuing your student visa, however we cannot guarantee that the work permit will be granted or the student visa reinstated.

If I am a national of a country that requires a visa to visit the Cayman Islands must I also obtain a visitor’s visa before travelling?

Once your student visa has been approved, you do not require a visitor’s visa. However, you must travel with evidence of the approval of your student visa.

My visa application was refused; can I apply for a refund of fees paid?

No, the fee paid is for the processing of the application and is non-refundable.