An application for a visa may be refused on the ground that the applicant-
· is the subject of a deportation order;
· is a prohibited immigrant;
· has failed to satisfactorily establish his identity and nationality;
· has failed to establish that he has sufficient financial resources or a qualified sponsor to support him and his dependants for the duration of his stay;
· is suspected, on reasonable grounds, of not being of good character;
· being outside the Islands, has failed to provide requested information relevant to his application;
· has previously failed to observe any condition attached to an earlier grant of permission to enter and remain in the Islands;
· has previously obtained, by deception, permission to enter or remain in the Islands;
· has failed to satisfy the visa issuing officer that he will be admitted to another country after his departure from the Islands;
· has failed to satisfy the visa issuing officer that he will leave the Islands at the end of his stay;
· is suspected of seeking to enter the Islands for the purposes of obtaining, or engaging in, employment where no permission has been granted to him to engage in employment;
· does not have a sponsor who is willing, if requested to do so, to give a written undertaking to be responsible for the applicant’s maintenance and accommodation for the period of the permission granted;
· does not have a sponsor who-
o is able to satisfy the visa issuing officer that he has sufficient financial resources to support the applicant; and
o has made arrangements for the applicant to be properly accommodated;
· where he is a minor seeking a visa independently of his parents or legal guardian, has failed to provide the visa issuing officer, if requested to do so, with the written consent of his parents or guardian;
· is deemed, from information received by the visa issuing officer, to be a person whose presence in the Islands would not be conducive to the public good; or
· has a false document supporting his application, whether or not he is aware of this fact.
If my Visa application is refused, may I re-apply immediately?
A person whose application for a visa has been refused may not re-apply until a period of twelve months has elapsed following the date of his last application, unless the visa issuing officer, in his discretion, reduces that period.